Thursday 31 January 2013

'I WAS PREGNANT TWO YEARS AGO' - BEYONCE



Beyonce talks about how she lost her first child through miscarriage.


As we broke in previous stories, Beyonce is releasing an extremely revealing and raw HBO documentary this February 16th: “Life Is But A Dream”. In Beyonce tells it all (all that she wants us to know), including the lost of her first child two years ago. We knew of her miscarriage after she dispelled rumors of her surrogate pregnancies but that’s all we knew. Today Beyonce is revealing a little more about her tragedy. VIBE Magazine reports:



“About two years ago, I was pregnant for the first time and I heard the heartbeat, which was the most beautiful music I ever heard in my life.” she says in one scene, visibly touched. “I picked out names, I envisioned what my child would look like . . . I was feeling very maternal.”

Known for her strength and empowerment for women, BeyoncĂ© was at a vulnerable time in her life. She found solace through her music. In the documentary she speaks about recording “the saddest song I’ve ever written in my life.” she adds, “And it was actually the first song I wrote for my album. And it was the best form of therapy for me, because it was the saddest thing I’ve ever been through.”

She found her joy again in 2011 when she learned she was pregnant with another child. She described how motherhood is similar to falling in love. “Being pregnant was very much like falling in love. You are so open. You are so overjoyed. There’s no words that can express having a baby growing inside of you, so of course you want to scream it out and tell everyone.”

Are you surprised Beyonce is being so candid? Do you find the timing a little strange…Superbowl?


No comments:

Post a Comment